The uniform worn by FFA members at local, state and national
functions is called "official dress." It provides identity
and gives a distinctive and recognizable image to the
Female members are to wear a black skirt, white blouse with
official FFA blue scarf, black shoes and official jacket
zipped to the top. Black slacks may be worn for traveling
and outdoor activities such as judging contests and
Official dress for male members is black slacks, white
shirt, official FFA tie, black shoes, black socks and
official jacket zipped to the top.
The FFA Jacket is the most recognizable symbol of the
organization. As a member, one of your responsibilities is
to ensure its proper use. Specific guidelines are outlined
- The jacket is to be worn only by members.
- The jacket should be kept clean and neat.
- The jacket should have only a large emblem on the
back and a small emblem on the front. It should carry the
name of the State Association and the name of the local
chapter, district or area on the back and the name of the
individual and one office or honor on the front.
- The jacket should be worn on official occasions with
the zipper fastened to the top. The collar should be
turned down the the cuffs buttoned.
- The jacket should be worn by members and officers on
all official FFA occasions where the chapter or state
association is represented. It may be worn to school and
other appropriate places.
- The jacket should only be worn to places that are
appropriate for members to visit.
- School letters and insignia of other organizations
should not be attached to or worn on the jacket.
- When the jacket becomes faded and worn, it should be
discarded or the emblems and lettering removed.
- The emblems and lettering should be removed if the
jacket is given or sold to a non-member.
- A member always acts like a lady or gentleman when
wearing the jacket.
- Members should refrain from the use of tobacco and
alcohol while wearing the FFA jacket or officially
representing the organization.
- All chapter degree, officer and award medals should
be worn beneath the name on the right side of the jacket,
with the exception that a single State FFA Degree charm
or American FFA Degree key should be worn above the name
or attached to a standard key chain. No more than three
medals should be worn on the jacket. These should
represent the highest degree earned, the highest office
held and the highest award earned by the member.